Mark Bunch – Owner and Legal Practitioner Director
Mark has been practising in employment and industrial relations law for over 19 years and has dedicated his private practice to only assisting employers during this time.
Having previously been employed by Minter Ellison, Norton Rose Fulbright and boutique specialist firm Aitken Legal, Mark has acquired significant experience in assisting employers of all shapes and sizes to manage their employment law issues. His experience covers the full range of employment law and industrial relations matters, including:
- drafting employment contracts and contractor agreements;
- negotiating and drafting enterprise agreements;
- drafting employee handbooks and policies and procedures;
- offering advice on HR related matters, including management and termination of employees;
- representation to defend unfair dismissal, general protections and breach of contract claims;
- dealing with underpayment claims and Fair Work Ombudsman investigations;
- urgent interlocutory proceedings to enforce restraint of trade and other contractual obligations post-employment;
- conducting workplace investigations;
- dealing with discrimination and harassments complaints and proceedings;
- advice and management of workplace bullying claims; and
- work health and safety advice and defence of prosecutions.
Mark has established a sizeable network of business owners and human resource professionals from all over Australia who have come to rely on his knowledgeable, pragmatic and commercial advice to resolve employment law issues and disputes. His industry knowledge is broad, having advised employers in industries including local government, tourism and hospitality, retail, professional services, construction and medical.
Mark often appears before the Fair Work Commission, Federal Court of Australia, Federal Circuit Court of Australia as well as the Supreme, District and Magistrates Courts.
He is a regular on the speaking circuit and particularly enjoys speaking at professional events and industry days.
Mark is a long-term Gold Coast resident and is proud to say that BE Employment Law Pty Ltd is a 100% locally owned firm. His ambition behind starting up BE Employment Law Pty Ltd is to provide a non-traditional legal model to assist his clients get the best result possible, one that is not driven by timesheets and billable hours.
Mark is admitted to both the Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia.
Get in Touch
Phone: 0422 624 688
LinkedIn: Connect with Mark